RDJE’s company culture values the opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion. The work we do matters and our goal is to hire you to retire you. Your future with us is not just a job, it is a career.
What Do We Do?
We are a privately owned underground utility specialist that provides commercial, municipal, private development, and specialty services for the construction of water system development, sanitary sewer/water treatment plants, pump stations, and storm water/drain development.
What Do We Offer?
- Advancement opportunities, annual bonuses, per diem, referral bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays
- Company paid trainings, certifications, etc.
- 100% paid health insurance; including dental, vision, life, disability, etc.
- 401(k) with company matching
Position Summary: Utility Construction Laborer
The Utility Construction Laborer will perform a wide array of tasks in all phases related to underground utility construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor. The duties, requirements, and qualifications of this position include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Load/unload equipment and materials
- Ensure work area(s) are clear of debris, trash, etc.
- Assist in the placement, moving, and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones, etc.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
- Adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required
- Other general construction duties as assigned by Foreman/Supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by the crew Foreman/Supervisor
- Ability to work over-time as/if needed
- Ability for out-of-town travel and working overnight as necessary
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. as needed with or without assistance
- Ability to stand, crouch, stoop, sit, bend, climb, and use hands/fingers to handle equipment
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climates
- Ability to work while wearing safety glasses, safety vest, steel toed boots, and hard hat
RDJE, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.