RDJE’s company culture values the opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion. The work we do matters and our goal is to hire you to retire you. Your future with us is not just a job, it is a career.
What Do We Do?
We are a privately owned underground utility specialist that provides commercial, municipal, private development, and specialty services for the construction of water system development, sanitary sewer/water treatment plants, pump stations, and storm water/drain development.
What Do We Offer?
- Advancement opportunities, company truck, annual bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays
- Company paid trainings, certifications, etc.
- 100% paid health insurance; including dental, vision, life, disability, etc.
- 401(k) with company matching
Position Summary: Utility Construction/Pipe Foreman
The Utility Construction Foreman will oversee all daily job-site operations to ensure projects are completed efficiently and effectively. They will be responsible for the management, productivity, development, schedule adherence, timekeeping, and safety of all assigned crewmembers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enforces company standards, policies, and procedures
- Completes timecards and record keeping – timely and accurately maintains and completes quantity records and timecards
- Inspects work site to determine sequencing/method of pipe installation and surveys for potential hazard or safety concerns
- Reviews, understands, and implements construction project documents such as contracts, plans, specifications, drawings, job layout, and as-builts
- Uses instruments such as lasers, grade rods, eye levels and transit levels to set appropriate grade for pipe installation
- Operates heavy equipment as needed to excavate, install, and backfill
- Assists with the tracking inventory of supplies and materials, determining manpower and equipment needs
- Assists in the determination of manpower, equipment needs, project scheduling, personnel hiring, equipment maintenance, and material requirements
- Coordinates daily tasks according to priorities and plans whilst making changes when necessary due to weather, supply, delivery, and personnel
- Ensure quality control testing is being performed as required
- Secure quality control documentation to verify testing is being performed
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience and knowledge of underground utility construction services including but not limited to storm water/drain development, grading and excavation, water system development, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of industry standards, processes, materials, and equipment
- Strong leadership, management, communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively identify and evaluate crewmember performance
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans, drawings, and specifications
- Ability to document, log, track, and utilize the company’s project management software
- Skill and knowledge in operating equipment such as dozers, excavators, loaders, dozers, etc.
- Ability to work over-time as/if needed
- Ability for out-of-town travel and working overnight as necessary
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. as needed with or without assistance
- Ability to work within congested areas, tight spaces, and around heavy equipment and machinery
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climates
- Ability to work while wearing safety glasses, safety vest, steel toed boots, hard hat, etc.
- Able to stand, walk, kneel, crouch or stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat, and crawl in tight or confined spaces
RDJE, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.