RDJE’s company culture values the opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion. The work we do matters and our goal is to hire you to retire you. Your future with us is not just a job, it is a career.
What Do We Do?
We are a privately owned underground utility specialist that provides commercial, municipal, private development, and specialty services for the construction of water system development, sanitary sewer/water treatment plants, pump stations, and storm water/drain development.
What Do We Offer?
- Advancement opportunities, company truck, annual bonuses
- Paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays
- Company paid trainings, certifications, etc.
- 100% paid health insurance; including dental, vision, life, disability, etc.
- 401(k) with company matching
Position Summary: Utility Construction/Pipe Superintendent
The Utility Construction Superintendent provides day to day oversight and direction within field operations for multiple projects, crews, and scopes of work. They will assist Project Foreman daily to resolve issues, make sound decisions, as well as provide information and drive coordination to ensure work is executed in the most efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure execution of multiple projects, in accordance with the project schedule
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications
- Consults engineers, architects, and owners on design problems and change orders
- Coordinates, directs, and schedules work needed by subcontractors
- Assist Foremen with coordination of efficient and cost-effective decision making with regards to manpower, equipment, material, and management of subcontractors
- Assist Foremen in the problem solving of day-to-day challenges
- Instructs and trains employees, subcontractors, and others in approved methods of construction
- Direct and train the Foremen and field staff to ensure their continued development by use of performance evaluations, varying assignments, and promoting positive project morale
- Assists with Foreman development to ensure career growth is achieved for field employees and that future field leaders are being grown for advancement
- Provide evaluation of field personnel skillset and performance to best equip and align field teams with the correct number of resources, project selection, and project assignments
- Maintain strong understanding of the manpower needs of each assigned project to ensure each crew is properly staffed
- Works to ensure timely on-site delivery of materials and company/rental equipment
- Develop, communicate, monitor, and update the project plan throughout the project duration as necessary to ensure all aspects of project logistics are being addressed prior to affecting the execution of work and/or project costs
- Consistently communicates and coordinates with Project Manager(s) on field cost and the monitoring of material, labor, and equipment productivity against specified job budgets
- Responsible for establishing and enforcing safety measures
- Establishes quality control standards and supervises their implementation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Five (5) years of field experience relating to underground utility construction services including but not limited to storm water/drain development, grading and excavation, water system development, etc.
- 1-3 years of Foreman and/or Utility Construction Management related experience
- 1-2 years of Project Management experience preferred but not required
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of industry standards, processes, materials, and equipment
- Strong leadership, management, communication, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively identify and evaluate Foreman & crewmember performance
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret construction plans, drawings, specifications, and other applicable documents
- Ability to document, log, track, and utilize the company’s project management software
- Capable of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Ability to work over-time as/if needed
- Ability for out-of-town travel and working overnight as necessary
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. as needed with or without assistance
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climates
RDJE, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.