What is Leadership Coweta?
Strong leadership is an essential ingredient in the continuing development of a community. Leadership Coweta, sponsored by the Newnan-Coweta Chamber, provides existing and emerging leaders with unique opportunities to enhance their civic knowledge of Coweta County, to sharpen their leadership skills and to connect with leaders from across the community. For more than 20 years, the program has provided participants a better understanding of how our community works, opportunity to build relationships with the region’s leaders and inspiration to use their talents to serve the community.
What Can Leadership Coweta Do For You?
Leadership Coweta prepares emerging community leaders. In this 11 month program, participants benefit from:
- Formal and informal exchanges of ideas and experiences
- Enhanced personal leadership skills awareness and development
- In-depth view of community issues
- Access to opportunities for community involvement
- Understanding about the interdependencies between sectors of the local economy as well as the interrelationships of local issues
- Knowledge on numerous subjects which prepare them for more active community leadership roles
Who is Eligible?
Leadership Coweta desires to select a diverse group in terms of race, gender and occupation. Individuals represent areas such as business, social services, government, cultural, and educational organizations. Class members must live and/or work in Coweta County as of the time they submit their application.
How to Submit an Application
- Email a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Leadership Coweta Application Submission
- Drop off or mail to the Newnan-Coweta Chamber at 23 Bullsboro Drive, Newnan, GA 30263
Tuition for Leadership Coweta is $895 for Chamber members or $1095 for non-Chamber members. (Non-Chamber member tuition includes a $200 credit towards Chamber membership.) Tuition covers all expenses for the nine monthly sessions, overnight Leadership Retreat, meals, limited transportation, graduation, honorariums for speakers, and miscellaneous administrative costs. Requests for further information about Leadership Coweta should be directed to Cynthia Bennett by calling 770.253.2270 or by emailing email@example.com.
DEADLINE: Applications must be received by Monday, March 23, 2020 at 5PM.
Congratulations to the Class of 2018 - 2019!
Leadership Coweta Class of 2018-2019
Back row, left to right:
LeCorey Johnson, Jay Rice, Jem Morris, Trae Westmoreland, J.J. Thomasson, Jennifer Garcia, Amanda Camp,
Anissa Patton, Matt Markham, Justin Austin
Middle row, left to right:
Jeff Treadwell, Ken Pinkerton, Volita Biscoe-Almon, Monica Yeoman, Michelle Bright, Kristina Hajzak, Latha Ravi, Betsy Burnette, Kim Melhouse, Jason Walton, William Atkins, Jim Ivey
Front row, Left to right:
Renee Horton, Kalea James, Janiene Mallory, Hal Brodnax, Andrew Copeland, Dub Pearman, Scott Berta,
Harlan Hammack, Beth Headley
Platinum Enhanced Investors
Gold Enhanced Investors