Chamber Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies
If you are a new business or have an important milestone to share such as a grand opening, a groundbreaking, or a special anniversary, the Chamber has the perfect opportunity to showcase YOU with a Chamber Ribbon Cutting Ceremony.
The primary purpose of a Chamber Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is to help create awareness for your business' milestones. This marketing opportunity is a free service to Chamber members only.
We hold Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies once per week in an effort to offer you a chance to introduce your business to our community. Don't worry! We take care of most of the logistics for you. We've got the giant scissors and red ribbon and we know who to invite. We will send out e-mail invitations to fellow Chamber members, the Chamber Board of Directors, Chamber Ambassadors, and city and county elected officials.
We also take care of the follow up. We will submit your ribbon cutting details and photos to local print media. Talk about exposure!
2020 Ribbon Cuttings and Milestone Celebrations
January 10, 2020
Coweta College Planning
February 28, 2020
Turin Pest Control
January 30, 2020
Springs at Newnan
February 11, 2020
What to expect at your ribbon cutting:
Chamber staff will arrive 10-15 minutes before your Ribbon Cutting begins, with specialty scissors, camera, and ribbon for the ceremony. Traditionally, the agenda takes about 15 minutes, as follows: your guests arrive, a Chamber representative welcomes your business to the Chamber and community, a Chamber representative offers recognition of elected officials if present, the business owner/representative addresses guests, the ribbon cutting takes place with a photo op, and guests are invited for a tour of the business or facility.
Before and following your ribbon cutting the Chamber will:
1. Include your milestone celebration on the member calendar with details about your business and an image or logo (if provided)
2. Include your milestone celebration in our weekly Connecting Points member email
3. Create a Facebook event to promote your celebration and share with members via Facebook and Instagram
4. Invite the Chamber Board of Directors, Ambassadors, Enhanced Investors, Press, and local city officials
5. Provide ribbon and oversized ribbon-cutting scissors
6. Take pictures at the event, to be shared via socials and on our website following your celebration
7. The Chamber will submit a press release and photo from the celebration to local media outlets, though we cannot guarantee publication
1. Complete and return the Chamber's Ribbon Cutting Request Form, below
2. Receive Email Ribbon Cutting Confirmation date and time from Chamber staff
3. Email image or logo (preferably a PNG file) to email@example.com along with 8-10 sentences about your business
4. Decide who will cut the ribbon
5. Prepare your remarks for the ceremony
6. Invite friends, family, customers, business leaders, and media to be a part of the occasion
7. Consider the additional ideas below to enhance your event
Additional suggestions for ensuring a successful event (optional):
1. Provide hors-d'oeuvres, refreshments, or entertainment. Make it a networking event!
2. Have a drawing and collect business cards so you can follow-up with attendees
3. Advertise on your social media properties or share Chamber social media posts
4. Be creative and have fun! This is a great opportunity to let the community know all about your business
Platinum Enhanced Investors
Gold Enhanced Investors