In 1945, citizens from Coweta, Fayette and Fulton Counties met to discuss the creation of a new rural electric cooperative. Distribution lines were purchased from two other EMCs in 1947, and the Cooperative was born. Tremendous growth has occurred since then, and the company's customer base has increased from the original 691 members to over 70,000 currently. Today, EMC serves one of America's fastest-growing communities with a progressive attitude toward the provision of power and customer service.
Our mission remains the same today as in 1945, to enhance the quality of life in our community by safely providing dependable, affordable electricity and exceptional customer service for our member-owners.
Whom to Contact
- Rachel CampCommunications Coordinator807 Collinsworth RoadPalmetto, GA 30268Phone: (770) 252-7446
- Chellie PhillipsVP of Communications & Public Relations807 Collinsworth RoadPalmetto, GA 30268Phone: (678) 423-6826
- Megan PhillipsCommunity Relations Coordinator807 Collinsworth RoadPalmetto, GA 30268Phone: (678) 423-5428
- Chris StephensCEO807 Collinsworth RoadPalmetto, GA 30268Phone: (770) 502-0226
- Greg WrightSr. Director, Community & Economic Development
Platinum Enhanced Investors
Gold Enhanced Investors